What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are automatically downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies send data back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or shares data with another website that recognizes that cookie. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device, secure your access to Royal Enfield and our sites generally, and even help us know if someone attempts to access your account from a different device.
Cookies can do other relevant jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
What are cookies used for?
Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit Royal Enfield (royalenfield.com), remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that’s in line with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions with Royal Enfield faster and more secure. Additionally, cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Royal Enfield sites, and bring customized features to you through Royal Enfield plugins.
Categories of Use:-
- Authentication: If you have registered to Royal Enfield, cookies help us show you the right information and personalize your experience.
When does Royal Enfield place cookies?
What types of cookies does Royal Enfield use?
- Session Cookies: Session cookies enable the website you are visiting to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don't get asked for the same information you've already given to the site. Cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. These only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow our Services to remember choices you make, such as: remembering your username, preferences and settings; remembering if you've filled in a survey or taken part in a poll or contest or otherwise reacted to something on through the Services, so you're not asked to do it again; remembering if you've used any of our Services before; restricting the number of time you are shown a particular advertisement; remembering your location; and enabling social media components like Facebook or Twitter. The aim of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience so that you don't have to reset your preferences each time you use our Services.
- Analytical/Customization cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use and interact with our Services, for instance which pages they go to most often. These cookies also enable us to personalize content and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language, country, or region). These cookies helps us improve the way our websites work and provide a better, personalized user experience.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a website. We (and third-party advertising platforms or networks) may use this information to make our websites, content, and advertisements displayed on them more relevant to your interests (this is sometimes called "behavioral" or "targeted" advertising). These types of cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
To find out more about interest-based ads and your choices, visit these sites: Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed in our cookies chart below. Thislist is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate primary reasons for certain types of cookies set by Royal Enfield and third parties on our websites. Third parties may also set certain cookies on your device when you use our Services. In some cases, the third party has been hired to provide certain services on Royal Enfield’s behalf (e.g., website analytics). In other cases, our websites contain content or ads from third parties (e.g., videos, news content, or ads delivered by other ad networks). When your browser connects to those third parties' web servers to retrieve content, those third parties may set and use their own cookies on your device.